I know it has been a while, but I just wanted to take a moment to write out a quick ministry and family update as we near the end of 2019. Jenny and I have been very grateful for these past few years as the Lord has steadily demonstrated his faithfulness amidst the changing seasons. Here are a few highlights:
- Our family head count grew to 5
- We moved
- Our oldest started first grade
- I turned 30 years old (wow)
- We helped launch Venture Church in a new location
As Jenny transitioned out of full-time employment in the marketplace in order to spend more time raising our little kingdom of God warriors, it was definitely a step of faith for us as our ministry assigments shifted. I have spent much of my effort in the marketplace in order to support our family, working full-time as a general manager for our HVAC company. I believe the Lord has used all the responsibilities and pressures that we’ve been challenged with these past few years to grow us as leaders, and to prepare us for the tasks ahead.
Over the past year or so, the Lord has really been stirring my heart about the “plow” He wants us to push, and I truly believe He is inviting us to step out in faith like never before. For over ten years, I have relied on a separate full-time job to support my family and fund my other ministry assignments, but now I feel led to invite others into this journey with us. We have recently joined up with a missions organization called Modern Day to help make it even easier for someone to join our team and support us financially in our missions work. From our home base at Venture Church, we hope to be able to devote more energy to the gospel mission and the field ahead of us as the Lord provides.
P – prayer and proclamation
L – leadership training and discipleship
O – outreach and missions
W – worship
Here are some of the things we’ve been doing:
- Venture Church
- worship & prayer ministry – leading meetings, training singers and musicians
- teaching ministry – teaching weekly bible studies and discipleship classes
- kid’s ministry – teaching weekly classes, VBS and more
- Heart of Texas House of Prayer
- regional prayer room
- leading worship and intercession for our region and the nations of the earth
- Community Prayer Room
- Cleaning For Christ
- outreach and fundraiser
- cleaning homes, businesses and churches
Here is a look at some other things we’ve been working on:
- Revival Forge [coming soon]
- a training school and resource ministry dedicated to equipping young leaders and missionaries
- creating content – books, articles, music, videos, podcasts, and online courses
- mobilizing projects – prayer, worship, training, missions and outreach
- creating merch – art, crafts, gifts, t-shirts and more
- Wage Good Warfare [revised edition coming soon]
- paperback + ebook
- eventually with audio
- teaching course + study notes
- Pass The Rock [coming soon]
- revival forge – project
- basketball clinics
- partnering with FCA
There are many opportunities in the works, but they are going to require that we trust the Lord to connect us with people who are led by Him to:
- join us on the field
- help financially support our ministry efforts
- pray for us
Whether through prayers, finances or service, every ounce of support, no matter how small, makes a difference. We are truly grateful.
In His Service,
Nick and Jennifer Russo
“Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me.” (Rom. 15:30)
*Note: You are more than welcome to give directly to us via the PayPal button on this website (contact us about other direct methods such as venmo, cash app or mailed check), but these donations would not be tax-deductible. If you would like your donation to our ministry to be tax-deductible, please click the link below to give through Modern Day. We truly appreciate your support!
To Mail a Check (tax-deductible):
If you would like to mail a check, please make it payable to Modern Day and mail it to:
P.O. Box 535578
Grand Prairie, TX 75053-5578
Please include a note indicating whom the gift is for (Nick Russo).
If you need any assistance, please call Modern Day at (469) 994-7008.
P.S. If you would like to keep up with us, please enter you email address below!